Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Why does my stuff keep getting stolen?
05-13-2011, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011 10:33 AM by gavingt.)
Why does my stuff keep getting stolen?
I'm at my wit's end here. My clan's name is "derka". About a week ago, somebody joined my clan (I'm assuming) and stole all my chests, including about 150 iron, 10 diamonds, and 60 gold. It was at that point that I realized I had to close my faction. Fair enough, I accepted the loss as a lesson learned.

However, I hop on today to find that the chest containing all my valuable items has been stolen once again. It was only like 30 iron, but I'm more concerned about how this could happen again. I'm sure my faction was closed as of the last time I played.

Somebody told me that factions will sometimes re-open if the server crashes. Is that true? If so, how does anyone keep their stuff after a server crash? You would think it would be a free-for-all every time the server goes back up.

Anyways, I'm ready to quit playing unless someone can help me through this. Losing countless hours of my life with nothing to show for it is not a fun time for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2011, 12:16 PM
RE: Why does my stuff keep getting stolen?
I guess you could do a "/f who Derka" to see if your faction is still closed.
The only time it would open again is if you closed it just before a crash. Or if you opened it yourself. Another thing you may wanna check.. Is if your chest is on Claimed land. If it isnt.. anyone can take the stuff in it.
Not much else to do aside from use the /f who derka to see if anyone else is in your faction. And kick them if you dont trust them.

[Image: sig2-76561198047619875.png]
05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
You could always hide the chests in a closed room with red glowstone mechanism which only you knows where it is?

[Image: dragonanimated_614396.gif] <<< Be Cool Enough to Click the Picture Wink
05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
(05-13-2011 03:40 PM)Soulizer Wrote:  You could always hide the chests in a closed room with red glowstone mechanism which only you knows where it is?
glowstone lock does nothing, except if your safe is in adminium.
05-13-2011, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011 06:06 PM by gavingt.)
Thanks everyone for your responses.

(05-13-2011 12:16 PM)Crazedanimal Wrote:  I guess you could do a "/f who Derka" to see if your faction is still closed.
The only time it would open again is if you closed it just before a crash. Or if you opened it yourself. Another thing you may wanna check.. Is if your chest is on Claimed land. If it isnt.. anyone can take the stuff in it.
Not much else to do aside from use the /f who derka to see if anyone else is in your faction. And kick them if you dont trust them.

It's definitely on claimed land. In fact it's smack dab in the middle of it, and I built it at the very top of the map so that you'd have to join my faction and do /f home to even get there (or fly up there, I suppose). I'm guessing I closed it just before a crash. That or an admin hates me and doesn't want to see my epic amusement park come to fruition. We'll see. I'll give it one more shot.

Also, does this server allow locking individual chests/blocks?
05-13-2011, 07:26 PM
As far as I know, there are no personal locked chests/doors.
You can purchase a server vault from an admin tho. 5 diamonds for 1 chest, 10 diamonds for each chest after that. Only the admins can access these chests. So the items you put in there well not be stolen. Only down side to this is you need an admin to access those items. Which isnt possible when there isnt an admin on. Or if they are extremely busy.

I really doubt an admin would steal your items out of a chest. They may demolish a super ugly structure thats close to spawn tho.

[Image: sig2-76561198047619875.png]
05-13-2011, 10:47 PM
(05-13-2011 07:26 PM)Crazedanimal Wrote:  As far as I know, there are no personal locked chests/doors.
You can purchase a server vault from an admin tho. 5 diamonds for 1 chest, 10 diamonds for each chest after that. Only the admins can access these chests. So the items you put in there well not be stolen. Only down side to this is you need an admin to access those items. Which isnt possible when there isnt an admin on. Or if they are extremely busy.

I really doubt an admin would steal your items out of a chest. They may demolish a super ugly structure thats close to spawn tho.

Cool...are those prices for single or double chests?
05-14-2011, 01:56 AM
Tbh...
1)Build on claimed land
2)Close your faction
3)Hide your chests

Now....the guy who griefed you the first time could still be in your faction..thats why you got griefed the second time. So if you dont find out who it is and kick him, GL, coz theres gonna be more griefing.
05-14-2011, 02:26 PM
(05-13-2011 10:47 PM)gavingt Wrote:  
(05-13-2011 07:26 PM)Crazedanimal Wrote:  As far as I know, there are no personal locked chests/doors.

Cool...are those prices for single or double chests?

5 daimond for each single chest last time I was informed.

Add me on Steam ♥

Message me to add me on 3DS! FC 3454-1607-3509
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2011, 05:47 PM
(05-14-2011 02:26 PM)scr43m0 Wrote:  5 daimond for each single chest last time I was informed.
5 diamond first single chest, 10 diamond each single chest afterwards. (every once in a while make the second chest not quite so expensive.)

Add me on Steam! | Check Out Our Youtube!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us   13-thirtyseven Forums   Return to Top   Return to Content   Mobile Version   RSS Syndication